I’m linking up with Ashley to tell you about a few of my favorite things from April! April has basically been perfect, so it was hard to narrow it down, but I think this is a pretty accurate list.
2. Not camping. You have no idea how good it felt to finally sleep in my own bed after roughing it for almost three weeks in tents/hostels/kitchen floors. 24 hour access to a hot shower and running toilet is also a huge plus in my book, as is eating something other than granola bars and peanut butter.
3. Zorbing!!! Definitely one of the most fun things I’ve done in New Zealand. There will be a full post on this soon, I promise.
4. Hot tubs. There is not much I love more in life than a good hot tub sesh. I mentioned this in my post on Rotorua, but the hostel we stayed at had it’s own geothermally heated pool which I took full advantage of. We even snuck back into our hostel after we checked out and spent
four hours some more time soaking in them. So worth the pruny toes. Plus Carolyn and I got some good girl talk in which is always a plus.
5. Celebrating the fact that it’s Wednesday and there are no classes on Thursday with my new BFF’s.
6. The fact that Adora is finally 21 and we can officially celebrate like adults together once I come home!! Yes, I realize I’m not in this picture and I was not even there when it was taken, but how cute are they?? FYI, this is not creepy, this is love
7. MY HAIR IS FINALLY GROWING!!! I have literally been trying to get my hair to grow since 8th grade, and it is finally happening! Turns out New Zealand is good for me. Seriously, look at this picture. Basically Rapunzel status. Please ignore my psychotic facial expression.
8. The public library downtown Palmy. The books I checked out were my salvation on the looong bus rides we took on break.
9. Scrumpy. Always.