I need to write these down somewhere to keep myself accountable. And since if I wrote an actual paper-and-pencil list I would probably lose it in a half an hour, I think something a little more permanent is a good idea.
By the end of the summer, I want to:
- Read at least four books. This one should be a piece of cake since I’ve read two so far, but I’ve been slacking recently.
- Get a big girl job. Please God please. Otherwise Picatso and I will be out on the street and we all know how big of a diva he is so that is clearly not going to work.
- Clean my car. The inside of my car is horrific. This is one of those things that I know needs to be done but I just hate hate hate doing. So hopefully sometime in the next two months I will stop being a lazy bum and actually do work.
- Visit Chicago. It has been way too long since I have seen my best friends.
- Go to a drive in movie.
- Do something at Picnic Point. I feel like I would be a disappointment to Madison if I don’t go at least once before I move away.
- Go swimming outside. Technically I did this while I was in Mexico, but I’m not counting that. Unfortunately Lake Mendota isn’t quite as nice as the Caribbean Ocean but it will have to do for now.
- Pay off all of my debt. This is probably my biggest goal for the summer. Earlier this year, my cat got sick and I wasn’t working because my arm was broken. This series of unfortunate events left me with a looong list of credit card bills and that needs to go ASAP.
- Go to the zoo!!!!
- Go through all of my stuff (especially my clothes!) and find a bunch of stuff to get rid of. I will hopefully be moving within the next year, so I’m trying to downsize.
- Put sheets on my bed. This should obviously be a no-brainer and I could even do it right this second but it is seriously my least favorite task in the entire world. My bare bed is also a daily reminder that no matter how hard I pretend, I’m clearly not a real adult yet. Good or bad? You decide.
Okay now that these are officially written down I will have no excuses if they don’t get done. Except for my constant excuse of “I got tricked into going to the Laurel for beer and cheese curds!” So I guess we will see how this goes…..